This is a newsroom ThinkIn. In-person and digital-only tickets are available.
This event is exclusive to Friends of Tortoise
One ticket gives you access to all the sessions at the summit but, just like an in-person conference, you can join for as much or as little as you like on the day.
Successful businesses need to put people and the planet on par with profit. That much we know. Now’s the time to separate rhetoric from reality. Join us for a day of conversations to examine who’s making change and who’s just faking it.
About the summit
Living with coronavirus, and all the economic pressure on companies that entails, means it has never been more important to be vigilant about the ethical standards of contemporary capitalism.
The Tortoise Responsibility 100 Index was set up to discern how much wall-to-wall, well-intentioned corporate commitments are translating into action on climate change and equality.
At the Summit, CEOs, experts and public figures will use the latest data from the Index to reveal real life best (and worst) practice, to equip business leaders with practical tips that will drive positive momentum.
How to join the event
The Tortoise Responsible Business Summit is open to members of Tortoise and specially invited guests.
If you're not yet a member, start a four week-free trial of Tortoise at in order to register for your complimentary ticket.
If you’ve been invited by Tortoise or one of our partners, just enter your special access code when you’re registering.
If you’re already a member and looking for your ThinkIn access code you can find it in the My Tortoise > My Membership section of the app next to ‘ThinkIn access code’.
We'd love you to join us.
One ticket gives you access to all sessions at the Summit. You will receive an email from Eventbrite nearer the time with all the information you’ll need to join the discussions, including the Zoom link. Just like an in-person conference, you’ll be able to choose which session(s) you’d like to join on the day.
We'd love you to join us.
- Who’s up, who’s down? Presenting the September results of our Responsibility100 Index, a ranking of FTSE100 companies on their commitment and action on key social, environmental and ethical objectives.
- BLM plc: So many companies leapt onto the racial justice bandwagon this year - but was it anything more than performative branding?
- How real is ethical investment?: ‘socially-responsible’ investment has a long way to go. Who is to blame and what can be done?
- Unseen but still heard? Despite widespread working from home - which has brought on diverse challenges for employees - are businesses still listening to their employees, paying them properly and attending to their mental health?
- Climate: Back to plack: What needs to be done about the global regression towards plastic use? Are we heading backwards?
With keynote speakers to be announced